Skip to main content

Admissions FAQ

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

I attend another college. I only want to take a summer class at ECC. What do I need to do?

3175 views   |   2 Vote this question as useful.   1 Vote this question as not useful.   |   Last updated on Jan 19, 2024    advising transfer transcript application


For a student that attends another college or university to take classes at ECC over the summer, they need to:

  1. Meet with the advisor at your home college to determine the proper ECC course that will transfer back to your home school.
  2. Apply for admission. 
  3. Check the course to determine what prerequisites are required for the course you plan to enroll in. Note: Course prerequisites must be satisfied before registration.
  4. Send an official or unofficial transcript from high school, current or previous college/university to satisfy any prerequisites. Official transcripts can be sent electronically by email to See more information on the Transcript Evaluation web page
  5. If you are currently enrolled at another college for a prerequisite class for the ECC course you want to take, include a copy of a current class schedule. A grade report or updated transcript confirming successful completion must be submitted to at least two (2) weeks before the beginning of the summer term to remain enrolled in the course.
  6. Complete the Prerequisite Approval form. Click on the link in item #5. Return information is on the form. Fill out the form and save the file to your computer in PDF format. All fields must be completed for the request to be processed. Attach the completed form and your unofficial transcripts to an email and send them to If faxing, send the approval form and your documentation to 847-931-4899. 
  7. A Technical Enrollment Facilitator will contact you when the prerequisite waiver has been processed.
  8. Register for classes and make payment arrangements by the due date. Visit Payment Options for details. 

Things you need to know

  • Unofficial transcripts must contain the school's name, the student's name, course numbers, and final grade received in courses. PDF format is preferred. Transcripts copied into a Word document will not be accepted.
  • A schedule is required if you are enrolled in your institution's prerequisite. You must also follow up with a final grade as soon as you receive it. Final grades must be received at least one week before the start of the semester to avoid being dropped from the course. If your grades do not arrive one week before the semester starts, please email
  • If the request is submitted via email, we will reply directly to the email address we received from the form. Be sure you have access to the email provided.
  • ECC will process requests in the order they are received.
  • You must complete all fields on the form before the request is processed.


Admissions & Recruitment

Building B, Room B110
Fax: 847-608-5458