I attend another college. I only want to take a summer class at ECC. What do I need to do?
For a student that attends another college or university to take classes at ECC over the summer, they need to:
- Meet with the advisor at your home college to determine the proper ECC course that will transfer back to your home school.
- Apply for admission.
- Check the course to determine what prerequisites, if any, are required for the course in which you are planning to enroll. Note: Course prerequisites must be satisfied prior to registration.
- Send an official or unofficial transcript from high school, current or previous college/university to satisfy any prerequisites. Official transcripts can be sent electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See more information on the Transcript Evaluation web page.
- If you are currently enrolled at another college for a class that is a prerequisite for the ECC course you want to take, include a copy of a current class schedule. A grade report or updated transcript confirming successful completion must be submitted to email@example.com at least two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of the summer term in order to remain enrolled in the course.
- Complete the Prerequisite Approval form. Click on the link in item #5. Return information is on the form. Fill out form and save the file to your computer in PDF format. All fields must be completed in order for the request to be processed. Attach the completed form and your unofficial transcripts to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. If faxing, send the approval form and your documentation to 847-931-4899.
- A Technical Enrollment Facilitator will contact you when the prerequisite waiver has been processed.
- Register for classes and make payment arrangements by the due date. Visit Payment Options for details.
Things you need to know
- Unofficial transcripts must contain the name of the school, the name of the student, course numbers, and final grade received in courses. PDF format is preferred. Transcripts copied into a Word document will not be accepted.
- If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite at your institution, a current schedule is required. You will also need to follow up with a final grade as soon as you receive it. Final grades must be received no less than one week before the start of the semester to avoid being dropped from the course. If your grades do not arrive one week before the semester start, please email email@example.com.
- If the request is submitted via email, we will reply directly to the email address we received from the form. Be sure you have access to the email provided.
- ECC will process requests in the order they are received.
- You must complete all fields on the form before the request is processed.